• Provide first-level phone and remote support to clients on hardware and software issues.
• Understand and escalate issues to resolve client issues.
• Provide application support solutions on industry-standard applications (Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, Anti- spyware, etc.) and company-specific software, focusing on enhancing the customer efficiency in utilizing the products installed.
• Participate and support assigned projects in a test and production environment.
• Understand the relationships in a Windows Client/Server, LAN/WAN based environment.
• Diagnose, configure, and troubleshoot Windows OS & Server OS issues.
• Solid understanding of LAN/WAN protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS/DHCP, remote access, etc.)
• Configure and troubleshoot printers, cabling problems, back-up issues and updates.
• Coordinate and provide support for third party solutions at remote locations.
• Install and document new application software, “hot fixes” and patches.
• Communicate with and assist individuals with varying levels of computer expertise.
• Assist other Engineers with server set-up, configuration and projects.
• Play a key role in NMGI’s NetCare managed service involving monitoring, alert escalation and response based on Service Level Agreements.
• Learn and extend the service, CRM and business management functionality of our ConnectWise Professional Service Automation software.
• High school or vocational education graduation (2- or 4-year college degree preferred).
• Knowledge of personal computers, peripherals and operating systems.
• Good organizational and technical skills.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Disciplined and dependable.
• Able to carry out instructions and see assignments through to the end.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Willingness to extend beyond the specified workday as required by the situation.
• Desire to “own” problems, issues and complaints until fully resolved in the eyes of the customer.
This position is critical to achieving NMGI’s goal of “Service Excellence.” This position will be exposed to a wide variety of hardware, software and network infrastructures residing in a variety of organizations. As the skills grow and the ability to communicate with the customer improves, there is potential for expanded responsibilities within the company.
Ultimately, the goal is to make the customer happy in a professional and ethical way, exceeding their expectations whenever possible.
Salary: $30,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
• Health & Dental
• Flexible spending account
• Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Hutchinson, KS: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• relevant: 1 year (Required)
Willingness to travel:
• 25% (Preferred)
Location: Hutchinson, KS
• United States (Required)