• Design and install LAN/WAN and wireless computer networks including firewalls, switching, VLANs,
VPN’s and multi-site configurations.
• Install and support Microsoft Windows Server and other Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Install and support collaboration systems including Microsoft Exchange, O365, & Teams.
• Design, install and support Citrix Workspace & Netscaler ADC
• Design, install and support Virtual technologies (VMWare)
• Install and support SAN’s in either a physical or virtual infrastructure.
• Install and support firewalls, VPNs and related security services for small and mid-size businesses. (anti
spam, anti-virus, anti-spyware, IDS/IPS, content filtering)
• Install and support Multi-Factor Authentication with relevant integrations.
• Install and support data back-up and related storage systems.
• Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level phone and remote support to customers for servers, desktops, infrastructure hardware, security and other key IT systems.
• Configure TCP/IP, DNS and other networking protocols.
• Participate and support assigned projects in a test and production environment.
• Assist other Engineers and Technicians with server set-up, configuration and projects.
• Play a key role in NMGI’s NetCare Managed Service and Total Network Security involving monitoring, alert escalation and response based on Service Level Agreements.
• High school or vocational education graduation (2- or 4-year college degree preferred).
• Experience in installing and supporting diverse, multi-site computer networks.
• Preference given to certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, SonicWALL, & HP.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Good written communication skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Disciplined and dependable.
• Able to carry out instructions and see assignments through to the end.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Willingness to extend beyond the specified workday as required by the situation.
• Desire to “own” problems and issues until fully resolved in the eyes of the customer.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
The Senior Project Engineer position is critical to achieving NMGI’s vision of “Service Excellence.” This position will be exposed to a wide variety of software and network infrastructures in a variety of organizations. As the skills grow and the ability to communicate with the customer improves, there is potential for expanded responsibilities within the company.
Ultimately, our goal is to build loyalty and deliver service so great that our clients tell others.