This position reports to the Vice President and Manager of Technical Services.
This position consults with Systems Engineers, Technicians, Client Service Engineer, Software Developers, Account Executives and others. This position interacts directly and frequently with customers. Travel up to 25-30% of the time may be required.
This position is part of the Professional Services Team of NMGI.
Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Some overnight travel is required and is scheduled in advance. Some internal projects (i.e. upgrades, patching, etc.) and support requests require in-house after-hours work.
Design, install, configure, optimize and support IT services and products worldwide. Deliver Service Excellence in how we listen, respond and proactively solve issues and pursue opportunities.
Design, install, configure, optimize and support LAN/WAN and wireless services and products. Provide technical support customers onsite and remotely by phone and remote access tools. Provide support for internal NMGI NOC systems, plus remote monitoring and management technologies. This position will require excellent communication skills, project management skills, technical capabilities and attention to detail. This is a 100% billable position.
Key Responsibilities/Technical Requirements
- Design and install LAN, WAN and wireless computer networks for customers in multiple vertical markets.
- Install and support Microsoft Windows 2003/2010 Server and other Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Install and support email systems including Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Install and support firewalls, VPNs and related security services for small and mid-size businesses. (anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-spyware, IDS/IPS, content filtering)
- Install and support data back-up and related storage systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix Presentation Server is desired.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level phone and remote support to customers for servers, desktops, infrastructure hardware, security and other key IT systems.
- Configure TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP/MIBs and other networking protocols.
- Participate and support assigned projects in a test and production environment.
- Assist other Engineers and Technicians with server set-up, configuration and projects.
- Play a key role in NMGI’s NetCare Managed Service and Total Network Security involving monitoring, alert escalation and response based on Service Level Agreements.
- High school or vocational education graduation (2 or 4 year college degree preferred).
- Experience in installing and supporting diverse, multi-site computer networks.
- Preference given to certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, SonicWALL, HP and IBM.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Establish and maintain outstanding customer relations by doing the following:
- Maintain unquestionable ethics in all your services.
- Keep the customer happy by exceeding their expectations.
- Act fairly and promptly to resolve issues.
- Make customer service a company wide responsibility.
- Make the customer feel important.
- Be proactive rather than reactive.
- Be timely, efficient and consistent.
- Deliver Service Excellence.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one situations with customers and employees of the organization.
- Good written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but incomplete written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Disciplined and dependable. Able to carry out instructions and see assignments through to the end. Self-motivated individual with strong work ethics. Interested in results, not simply activity.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Possess the skill set necessary to document practices and procedures.
- Willingness to extend beyond the specified workday as required by the situation.
- Desire to communicate closely with the customer.
- Desire to “own” problems and issues until fully resolved in the eyes of the customer.
- Ability to be on-call, rotated among other members of the Service Team.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Negotiable: Contingent upon skills and experience.
The Systems Engineer position is critical to achieving NMGI’s vision of “Service Excellence.” This position will be exposed to a wide variety of software and network infrastructures in a variety of organizations. As the skills grow and the ability to communicate with the customer improves, there is potential for expanded responsibilities within the company.
Ultimately, our goal is to build loyalty and deliver service so great that our clients tell others.