This position reports to the Director of Business Continuity Services.
This position will consult frequently with the Systems Engineers, Technicians, Controller, Accounting Specialist, Sales Team, President and Executive Vice President (i.e. everyone).
This position is part of the Professional Services Team of NMGI.
Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Occasional work outside business hours.
We will treat every client in such a memorable way that when the transaction is complete the client tells someone else how great it was. We must always behave in a manner that makes those who are not our clients want to be our clients. We deliver Service Excellence.
Support within a team of other Engineers and Technicians personnel. The position is primarily phone support job combined with internal projects and activities. Support of all workstation software and hardware components, including strong Microsoft-centric knowledge. This position will require excellent communication skills, industry knowledge, project management skills, technical capabilities and attention to detail. This is a billable position.
Key Responsibilities/Technical Requirements
- Provide first-level phone and remote support to company employees on hardware and software issues.
- Understand, escalate and dispatch necessary personnel to resolve customer issues.
- Provide application support solutions on industry-standard applications (Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, etc.) and company-specific software, focusing on enhancing the customer efficiency in utilizing the products installed.
- Participate and support assigned projects in a test and production environment. Understand the relationships in a Windows Client/Server, LAN/WAN based environment.
- Diagnose, configure, and correct Windows 95/98/2000/XP OS issues. Solid understanding of LAN/WAN protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS/DHCP, remote access, etc.)
- Configure and troubleshoot printers, cabling problems, back-up issues and updates.
- Coordinate and provide support for third party solutions at remote locations.Install and document new application software, “hot fixes” and patches. Communicate with and assist individuals with varying levels of computer expertise.
- Assist other Engineers with server set-up, configuration and projects.
- Play a key role in NMGI’s NetCare managed service involving monitoring, alert escalation and response based on Service Level Agreements.
- Learn and extend the service, CRM and business management functionality of our ConnectWise Professional Service Automation software.
- High school or vocational education graduation (2 or 4 year college degree preferred).
- Knowledge of personal computers, peripherals and operating systems. Good organizational and technical skills. Ability to comprehend company client desktop environment (Windows Vista, XP and Win 7 workstation, MS Office, Dell, Compaq).
- Establish and maintain outstanding customer relations by doing the following:
- Maintain unquestionable ethics in all your services.
- Keep the customer happy by exceeding their expectations.
- Maintain good customer communications.
- Act fairly and promptly to resolve complaints.
- Make customer service a company wide responsibility.
- Make the customer feel comfortable with the work you are to do/have done.
- Make the customer feel important – because they are!
- Be proactive rather than reactive.
- Be timely, efficient and consistent.
- Deliver Service Excellence.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one situations with customers and employees of the organization.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but incomplete written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Disciplined and dependable. Able to carry out instructions and see assignments through to the end. Self-motivated individual with strong work ethics. Interested in results, not simply activity.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Possess the skill set necessary to document practices and procedures.
- Willingness to extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation.
- Desire to communication closely with the customer in whatever way is best.
- Ability to coordinate customer satisfaction surveys and modify behavior based on results.Desire to “own” problems, issues and complaints until fully resolved in the eyes of the customer.
This position is critical to achieving NMGI’s goal of “Service Excellence.” This position will be exposed to a wide-variety of hardware, software and network infrastructures residing in a variety of organizations. As the skills grow and the ability to communicate with the customer improves, there is potential for expanded responsibilities within the company.
Ultimately, the goal is to make the customer happy in a professional and ethical way, exceeding their expectations whenever possible.
- Gain technical proficiency by working with experienced technical service staff and earning skill certifications to provide the appropriate level of customer service.
- Provide customer computer support by reviewing work orders, inspecting computer equipment and preparing for delivery to contribute to an efficient service process.
- Support customer PC, peripheral and printer operational efficiency by diagnosing basic system hardware and software problems, and recommending or performing minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Provide administrative support by properly completing and submitting time sheets, service requests, workflow requirements, parts orders, parts returns, and service prep and installation to contribute to accurate reporting and effective controls.
- Contribute to the attainment of financial objectives by prioritizing work to stay within operational budgets, providing accurate accounting for all parts transactions and achieving productivity requirements for all billable, contract, warranty and project hours to assist in meeting company financial goals.
- Attend Monday morning status meetings from 7:45 a.m. to approximately 8:30 a.m.
- Submit weekly checklists and key metrics of Service Excellence.
- Submit any status reports that might be due on projects.
- Review opportunities to assist senior-level staff on project work that will contribute to skill growth.
- Review key clients, projects, metrics and procedures.
- Support tasks in any of their many forms.
- Self-paced training on assigned skills roadmap.
- Develop, maintain and update procedural documentation as needed.
- Obtain Industry Certifications necessary to provide warranty and break/fix services.